Friday, October 8, 2010

Sustainable Vodka

So before I go into my product, I would like to clearly state the obvious fact that most college students drink. Now I am not saying I support underage drinking, but for all of those who are above the age of 21, I have found the perfect eco friendly spirit.

While at the liquor store a few days ago, I stumbled across a new brand of vodka- 360 Vodka. This is one of the worlds first ecologically safe alcohols. This vodka bottle is almost completely made of recycled products. On the bottle it says:
  • Labels made with 100% post consumer waste paper
  • Four times distilled- five times filters
  • Vodka distilled for optimal eco-efficiency
  • Revolutionary bottle consisting of 85% recycled glass (70% post-consumer glass)
Below that, it states the environmental benefits. Here is a list of the natural resources this company saved:
  • 156,004 gallons of water
  • 262 million BTU's of energy
  • 17,457 pounds of solid waste
  • 34,099 pounds of green house gases
  • 365 fully grown threes
Now that is an impressive list. After reading the bottle, I was even more curious about this new product, so I checked out the website. I was even more impressed with my findings. The main web page displays a picture of their nine flavors of vodka, plus an ecological fact ticker at the bottom, informing you of facts about depleting natural resources. They also have a link to their 'Green Initiatives.' I would high recommend that everybody read what they are doing, it truly is amazing.


At the liquor store, I stumbled across a gem. Not only is this product eco friendly, it is also offered at a great price. I purchased a half gallon at $40 (with a $10 mail in rebate, making it even more of a steal.) And since this is a large bottle, I can drink it for a while without having to purchase more bottles.


All in all, this product is a great way to help reduce my footprint. It is a large bottle, so it is helping my reduce my packaging products and I can recycle the bottle once I am done. I am very happy with this product and recommend everyone goes out and buys one. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment