Since Thanksgiving is this week, I thought it would be appropriate to a post on several vegetarian ideas. Now I will be the first to admit that I am craving a smoked turkey (home cooked meals are so much more amazing after living on your own for awhile), but I will also open my imagination and try new, sustainable menu items. Actually, my step sister is a vegetarian, so there will be several items catered towards that life style. Like I mentioned before, I will not try and push anybody away from any traditional food items, but I just ask that they at least consider some vegetarian food items, as well as all produce from a local farmers market. Here is a link to 9 vegetarian recipes that include:
- Pumpkin soup
- Butternut squash-chestnut soup
- sweet potato fries
- Rice Pudding
- And many more.
Enjoy the healthy, local food, and have a great Thanksgiving.
http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/vegetarian-thanksgiving-44090308?click=getstarted
No comments:
Post a Comment